Fujairah Collage

Fujairah Collage
Some distinctive landmarks in Fujairah

Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Name is ‘Sudany’. Let Me Take You for a Ride in Fujairah

Star of the Show
My name is ‘Sudany’.

I am a camel from the Arabian Peninsula which you can recognize with the distinctive one hump.

I live in Dubai under the sheikhdom of the mighty ruler, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed but I am having a terrific time getting work experience in the great emirate of Fujairah.

Fujairah is Cool
Before I was transported over here I thought Fujairah was out the back of beyond, a sleepy hollow that had nothing like the attractions of my own emirate.

I have changed my mind because for the last few weeks I have been staying in Fujairah, just over the road from the corniche and under a tree.

Let Me Take You for a Ride
My work each day starts at 7.30pm when it is getting cooler. Imagine that! I have the whole day off! From 7.30pm to 2.00 in the morning I give rides around the park overlooking the Arabian Sea. How good is that?

People are charged only 10 dirhams for a ride which is far cheaper than the Dubai Metro and is a total Emirati experience.

Come on over to Fujairah, bring the kids and have a ride on me this weekend at Fujairah’s Night Souk.

The organizers wouldn’t say it but in my humble opinion, I am the star attraction.

Further
If you need more persuasion, see these 10 reasons why you should ride a camel.

I am really concerned about the way Australians are treating camels because here in the Emirates, people love camels and even have camel beauty contests. I'm quite a doll myself!

We camels are into multi-tasking in the UAE. Look at this healthy milk we are producing and have you tried these camel milk chocolates? Buy some for Eid! It will do wonders for your s*x life! Is it OK to talk like that during Ramadan? I disguised the word just in case it doesn't get through the UAE censors.

Sudany, a Guest Editorialist on Fujairah in Focus.

On Related Sites
Abu Dhabi Has the Most Expensive Hotels in the World, Experiencing the Emirates, 16 September 2009.

RAK Crown Prince Gives Inside Story on Winning America’s Cup Venue, America’s Cup in the UAE, 16 September 2009.

Get Into the Frame with Alan Nambiar and His Fujairah 100 Photo Project, Fujairah in Focus, 16 September 2009.

Dr Geoff Pound

Geoff can be contacted by email at geoffpound(at)gmail.com on Facebook and Twitter.

Image: It’s me with this embarrassing looking muzzle. Or is it a tea cosy?

No comments: